- 1 month ago
Critical Approaches to Digital Humanities Symposium
- 3 months ago
Mr. Cohn. Do you remember writing this: “Good morning, Revolution. You are the very best friend I ever had. We are going to pal around together from now on.”
Mr. Hughes. Yes, sir, I wrote that.
Mr. Cohn. Did you write this, “Put one more `S’ in the USA to make it Soviet. The USA when we take…
- 9 months ago
Needed: page reference for this sentence in Ch. 4 of The Autobiography of Alice B. Toklas, Library of America edition (i.e. Writings 1903-1932).
Her very close friend Marion Walker pleaded with her, she said, but Gertrude Gertrude remember the cause of women, and Gertrude Stein said, you don’t know what it is to be bored.This is when she is talking about flunking out of med school. I am revising an article and don’t have my books with me, and I just need this one citation. Update: thanks to all who responded—asfaltics, Siobhan, Kaplan, Julia, Erin. Case closed!
- 10 months ago
- 11 months ago
- 1 year ago
1. write poems which allow me to believe I have written no poetry
2. write prose which allows me to believe I don’t know a word
3. read with a technique that convinces me I’ve read nothing
4. think in a way deniable as thought
5. sleep each night of sleep in a way of sleeping which feels as…
- 1 year ago